Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Repopulation of the Porchyard

Thanks to Christmas and birthday gift cards, these four beautiful irises were free!


An artsy shot.



This is a stock photo of Batik, which was finished blooming by the time I bought it.



And here's a stock photo of Beverly Sills, which hasn't as yet graced us with her presence.


This is what she looks like now, making us wait!


This magnificent specimen is Stairway to Heaven.


And this breathtaking beauty is Circus World.


I got all excited because Las Vegas bloomed!


And so did Princesse Caroline de Monaco. I'm hoping that's Trop Jaloux next to it. (I had to dig everyone up early this year and either replant them further away from the porch or put them in pots. These two are in a pot.)


My new bleeding heart isn't in the ground yet, but isn't it purty?


It doesn't look like much right now, but this baby is a Josée Reblooming Lilac. Wow!


I'm getting dianthus blooms!


Just a few on these.


This double is new and, once again, isn't in the ground yet.


These violets are going CRAZY!


Another shot of the double dianthus with a different viola. :)


I put Circus World and Stairway to Heaven in the ground today, along with replanting some of my Expatriated (And Much Abused) Las Vegas Irises.


The lily of the valley is in bloom and smelling delicious!


So adorable!


Comte de Chambourd has TEN BUDS! I'm so excited! And I didn't get pictures of them, but the Secret Sideyard Roses have, between the three of them, 15, 21, and 27 buds! Woohoo!


My sweet little clematis is growing like crazy up these strings I tied for it!


Look at those fuzzy white buds!


In this one you can see the fuzz better, and how it's just starting to wrap around the string. So cute! Isn't nature amazing?


Look at the curling and all the buds!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm so jealous! Your irises are fabulous! And I've never seen double pinks before. Very cute. The bleeding hearts are lovely, and they'll be so happy when they're in the ground....I just wish you had some red ones. I think that Beverly Sills iris will be gorgeous...but I think my new favorite is Stairway to Heaven. Just awesome! Circus is fab, too. Think they'll all bloom at once, or are they staggered?

Glad you posted again. Everything looks beautiful. Y'all did lots of work on those new porch gardens. I'm proud of you!
Much love,
Mud

Quite Contrary said...

I know the Batik blooms early, probably the earliest in my garden. Next is Las Vegas, then Princesse Caroline and Stairway to Heaven. Woohoo!