Monday, July 13, 2009

Terribly sorry!

I'm sorry I've been gone so long!


But as you can see, I was held hostage by malicious kitties!


Elphie LOVES these recycled shopping bags.


Oh, who am I kidding? She loves anything she can climb into.


D was quite fond of Ginger when he came over, but I'm afraid the feeling is not mutual.


SURPRISE!! Next to the secret rosebushes are some SECRET STRAWBERRIES! Sssshhh, little mouse, don't tell the big hungry bear!


Elphie, devising her Grand Escape...


... and playing it cool.


My Mona Lisa Stargazers! They started peeking open just before we left for Chicago.


Don't they look shy?


A random statue in Chicago, and me impersonating them.


Look at all those lilies!!


Gorgeous! (Not me. The flowers.)


These are all Chicago lilies, not out of my garden.


This one kind of looks like a spider lily.


Love it.


This one's for Anna. "Real Pirates"!


And these bird ones are for Mom. :)


Canada geese!


A speckled seagull.


Such a STRANGE statue/fountain outside of the Shedd Aquarium.


We love illusions.


Another birdie.


My new buddy at the Shedd.


Modeling the sweater I bought. (They didn't have any mirrors, so I had to see how they looked via the camera.)


These fishies have totally huge foreheads.


The skyline.


THIS THING IS A TOTAL FOSSIL! I'm pretty sure he's been around since he crawled out of the primordial ooze just moments before what turned out to be humans. Look at that tail!!


And that totally creepy mouth!! He's a snapping turtle of some kind.


Cute little chameleon.


Yaaaay Art Institute!


Sad Indian. Dan has bookends that are (definitely smaller) copies of this.


I love the lion. When it comes time for Christmas gifts, please remind Dan that I would love the figurine of the lion that was at the gift shop. ;)


The Bean!!


Gotta love the wacky reflection shots.


Beautiful weather for our trip to Millenium Park.


I'm pretty sure there would have been trouble if the uptight people inside the Cultural Center had seen this.


Gooorgeous.


Beautiful!


And now back to our garden!


Happy Returns. :)


And THIS is Siloam Double Classic! Yay for her!


Isn't she purty? She's my first double!


And here are my Mona Lisa Stargazers open!

No comments: