Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some new babies!

And by babies I of course mean flowers. I'm still so sad that gerbera daisies are annuals. I just love them. These are the "festival" variety -- red and apricot.


These Ultra Rose petunias are definitely filling in the windowbox.


I think it's time to give up the ghost on this poor cyclamen. I just couldn't make it happy. :(


Elphaba has been up on this shelf a lot lately. She's such a little demon.


These guys are crabapple seedlings from Dan's uncle. We're hoping they get big and strong.


I really really like these begonias. They're so pretty!


I think this is a lily, but the stalk looks so dark. I've got my fingers crossed that I didn't let a weed get huge and take over.


In other news, we finally figured out where to put the windchime! Merry Christmas to me! :) Thanks, Mom and Dad!


This little guy is a new addition: a Japanese iris named Imperial Magic. Isn't he beautiful?


I also got one named Pink Lady (I didn't have any pink irises!), but she isn't blooming right now.


This sprout is coming up back in the corner by the windchime, columbine, gaillardia, etc. Not entirely sure what it's going to be.


Speaking of!


The Russian sage is really pretty too.


I love the texture of the sedums so much, so I thought I'd try for some close-ups. This is the serrated variety.


And here's the Kerry sedum.


They're just little paddles. I love them. :)


And the close-ups just kind of continued. Here are my precious little violas. :)


Wee yellow trumpets.


This one came out really well. My little Sarah Bernhardt peony.


I'm pretty sure this dianthus is just called Pink Picotee.


And my Granny dianthus. On both of these dianthus pictures you can see sooo many buds!


And speaking of buds, look at Stella!


I tried several close-ups, but bleeding hearts are so hard to get focused. This one of the white turned out pretty well. :)


My creeping phlox.


The very happy Shastas.

1 comment:

Mud said...

Where do I begin?! The photos of you were fabulous. The garden is just beautiful...filled in so nicely. Elphie looks like a demon on top of Notre Dame. hehe.

Love the new blue Japanese iris. Everything looks so pretty, honey. I'm so proud of you I could just bust!

Love,
Mom