Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Wild Day at the Nursery

I finally found my gift cards to the nursery!! I received them for Christmas and promptly misplaced them. So today Dan and I went crazy. It was a blast. But first, look what I found...


Cat in the dishwasher!


She's just fascinated! She gets in there anytime it's open.


These babies followed me home the other day, before I found my gift cards. The lily is called You Are My Sunshine (so of course I had to get it!) and the dianthus is called Apple Spice.


I just love the colors!


And speaking of dianthus... mine are looking gorgeous!


Yay!


That thing coming up under the windchimes is a huge hosta-looking leafy thing. Hmmm.


Did I tell you about the surprise roses on the side yard? They're growing out from underneath a cement retaining wall... and the first one bloomed today! Isn't it gorgeous?? (And it smells heavenly.)


One of my most exciting purchases with the gift card was a clematis, Little Duckling. Isn't it fantastic?


I love the ruffles.


And part of the gift cards went toward a new apple tree for Dan to take Up North. It's an Empire...


... and it already has wee small apples! Unfortunately, they'll only be enjoyed by the deer, the elk, and the pet black bear.


And here's my little Comte de Chambord over by the woodshed.


With a little just-opening, also-fragrant bloom. :)

2 comments:

Mud said...

Oh my gosh! The clematis! I'm so jealous!!!! Oh, I love it. And your roses! I love them, too!

Daddy is grossed out by the cat in the dishwasher. Just so's ya know. hehe.

Quite Contrary said...

Oh puh-lease, Mrs. Passionflower!