Friday, June 19, 2009

Up North, Take 1

We went up to the hunting camp for our "weekend" and Dan made a new friend. He picked this guy up in the middle of the road and brought him back to camp to meet me.


Unfortunately, he wasn't too happy to meet me.


And we got home in time to take some garden pictures. I had given up this cyclamen, but it's doing better with a little TLN (tender loving neglect).


They look droopy because it rained all day, but look how far up out of the windowbox these petunias are coming!


Dan's little crabapple trees look like they're doing well.


My Bordeaux petunias and tuberous begonias.


My precious little highlighter dahlias!


Mom, you asked for a picture of the flowers on my exotic geranium, so here you have it!


That's Vince, my birthday garden gnome, behind some lilies that look ready to bloom.


I think this is a lily. But it's weird-looking.


Kerry sedum, violas, peony, and lemon zest petunias.


Serrated sedum.


I was so surprised and excited to see that my Lysimachia is blooming!


I really don't know what this is.


This is either my Siloam Reds or my Little Italy sending up buds!


This is what I think are my dahlias. Though I don't remember planting any.


My Secret Rose, with a little new bloom and a bud in the foreground.


My Stellas are going to town!


This one is ready to roll.


Another Stella.


This is Happy Returns, getting ready to bloom.


That's Happy Returns in the front, and all three of my dianthus behind. :) Left to right, we have the Unnamed Picotee, Telstar Picotee, and Apple Spice.


My pink Oriental lilies.


My orange common roadside lilies (hemerocallis fulva).


We're making another bed in the corner, and I got three shade-tolerant plants.


Baptisia, called False Indigo.


Helleborus, called Blue Lady.


And my first Astilbe, called Deutschland.


And poor little Ginger couldn't decide what to be more afraid of, the thunder overhead or the meat slicer Dan was using.

1 comment:

Mud said...

Do you remember the turtle PawPaw picked up in Nova Scotia? hahahahahahaha
Everything looks great! Thanks for the shot of the exotic geranium flowers. I had one that color, but it wasn't "exotic." Just plain leaves. Very pretty.

Who gave you Vince the Gnome?! He's hilarious! Did he come like that or did one of your in-laws paint him? Vince Young, I presume. Oh, your dad will love this!

The lysimachia is lovely! Variegated leavs and yellow...are they bracts? Or flowers? Very pretty and showy.

And oh my gosh! Your astilbe is gorgeous! I planted them several times in the shade, but it's just too hot here. And the hellebore. I tried that one, too. I think it's called a Lenten Rose. Too hot here for that one, too. But I love them! So glad you have them. Especially that astilbe. Just awesome.

Glad you had fun. Looking forward to more camp photos. Love you!
Mom