Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cornholing?

No, really! It's not as bad as it sounds!!


Cornhole is actually just a bean bag toss game. And it's totally fun. But you can imagine my surprise when I came into the library and opened up the computer and PlayCornhole.org was up in Firefox. Um, what?



But all cornholing aside, our barbecue was a blast. The shish kabobs were delicious! And the rain didn't even last all night.



My lisianthus is falling over, but it doesn't seem to bother it any.



These Exotic Impatiens are just so pretty!



Grape Crush New Guinea impatiens and nemesia.



Salvia and Dusty Miller are making themselves perfectly at home.



These, I think, are dahlias coming up from the tubers I planted a few months ago in the petunia garden.



And speaking of dahlias, my highlighter dahlias are making a comeback!



The Indestructible Thyme is blooming! (Keep off it.)



There are still a few flowers on my columbine.



But most importantly, yesterday my first lily opened! Say hello to my newest addition, Happy Returns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, where do I begin?! Three days worth of reading to comment on! The shish kabobs look like they HAD to be delicious! Wish I'd been there for that. Yum.

Little Elphie in the sink is too cute. Can't believe she likes water. Nanny Kay has a cat who likes water, too. Weird!

The flowers look so good. Not sure about that black iris, but everything else looks fabulous! Love that little yellow lily. I love my lilies...If you snip them and bring them in the house and put them in a vase, the buds will open up inside. Just be careful of the pollen...it can stain.

Dan did a fabulous job on that picnic table! Of course. That boy can do anything. I'm so proud of the two of you. You're regular little homemakers, aren't you?

Glad the barbecue went well. Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Love you, sweetie!
Mom