Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dusty Miller and Salvia


Annual flats are on sale right now at my local nursery for $10 each, which is pretty good considering the size. So I went and CONTROLLED MYSELF and only got two. And a hibiscus. And yes, Mom, I planted them all in the same day. ;)



This "hibiscuit" is called Cool Wind. Isn't it pretty? A woman working at the nursery saw it in my basket and commented on how pretty it was.



The whole thing. It was just a 6" pot, so it's a good container one. Especially since I learned my lesson and I'm not planting it in the ground like I did with my pretty one last year -- they're only hardy to 55 degrees!



The clearest picture yet of my nemesia.



The portulaca has multiple flowers now! So pretty. Margarita Peppermint. :)



The Outback Paper Flower. Its buds kind of look like little beetles with all the overlapping shiny stuff, don't they?



The Indestructible Wisteria is growing like crazy since it's started getting watered regularly.



Look at the shoots my coleus are sending up! I think they're going to flower. Interestingly, the Red Velvet coleus (like the one in front) that I kept inside is not doing this.



The far patch of Las Vegas irises is still going strong.



The petunias seem to have appreciated the torrential rain we've had for the past day-and-a-half or so. Yay!



Here are the Dusty Miller and the Red Vista salvia put in on one side of the porch steps. The bad news is, Dan and I finally caved and admitted that what we thought was Jim's moss rose was, in fact, a weed. *tear* So I tore it all out, and I had all this empty space. The annual sale just happened to coincide perfectly.



The other side isn't as uniform, and I can't decide which side I like better.



I just love these violas. They're so happy.



Dan's peach tree had 38 baby peaches on it at last count. That was before Dan took all but 18 off to make sure the poor little tree doesn't die under its own weight. Here are the biggest ones. As usual, sorry about the focus.



In completely unrelated news, I went upstairs when I was finished planting, and found Ginger and Elphie lounging in Elphie's room in the sun. I went downstairs to get my camera, and when I came back up, Ginger was giving Elphie a bath!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!



It was so sweet! Elph was purring like crazy. I'm so glad they're getting along so well now.



And then Elph had her photo shoot.



She's just so darn tiny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, girl, your place is fabulous! All your plants are doing wo well. The new ones you bought look so beautiful and fresh...the ones here look pretty sad...too hot! Wish I could have precious pansies and violas in the summertime. They're adorable.

How funny that the weeds looked like Jimmy's moss rose! I went back and looked at the early photos, and it could pass for moss rose. Too funny. You'll have to try again.

Wow! Ginger and Elphie are just as happy together as two peas in a pod! That must just make your heart sing. Love the photos of the bath. So sweet.

You know, that Las Vegas iris looks pretty cool en masse. More photos of Princess Caroline, please! hehe.

Love you! Keep up the lovely work!
Mom