Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Belching Squirrelcats

Featuring Ginger and the Other One


That's a band Dan and the girls created. Coming soon to your hometown.


Glads!


Glads!!


My container plants had to embark on a pilgrimage to the yard, because Dan wanted to powerwash the porch.


But now you can get a good look at my Twist and Twirl coleus!


I didn't get a "before" picture, but here are the steps after the powerwasher came through. They look new! They were almost black before.


Basement window #3! (Someone at some point in the past 100 years decided to try the very thing that Dan's doing, and their cement screwed him up, so this window only has room for 2 rows of glass blocks instead of 3. Oh well.)


The garage now has two sides of new siding done! You can see that I've been painting the trim white and I couldn't quite reach the top of the doorframe. I'll work on it later with a stepstool. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see if she reads her comments...
A second suggestion about the coleus: pick off the flowers and they won't be so leggy. Otherwise, I LOVE the Twist and Twirl! Man oh man, I'd love to have some of those here.

By the way, if you don't know, Miss Contrary, the first suggestion about the coleus was: pick off the flowers and they won't be so leggy. Just sayin.

I love the name of the band, too. I can just imagine the kind of "music" they produce. Is Dan actually IN the group, or is he just their manager?

Those glads are fabulous! Looks like they're peeking through the porch bars...I thought at first they were peeking through the living room window. hehe. That would be cool. I guess Gingy and Elphie would go nuts. I'd do it right away if it were me. Plant some right outside the windows.

Oh. Her Highness is approaching. I guess I'll see what she wants. I love love love you! Later!
Mom