Sunday, July 13, 2008

Champagne Supernover

I believe the name of this lily is "Little Italy," because it resembles the one I saw in a catalog. Anyway, that's its name from now on. Isn't it breathtaking? I love the ruffles and the huge color contrast.


And there are lots of buds!


My snaps are reblooming.


This is called a Lysimachia. The variegated leaves are pretty enough on their own, but it's also starting to bloom with little yellow flowers! (Although it's also getting little brown spots on the leaves on that branch... I need insecticide.)


Millions of peaches, peaches for me.


Hosta blossoms!


Such happy little petunias. I'm definitely getting more of these next year.


Happy Returns. Did I mention it's a close relative of Stella d'Oro?


And right next to Happy Returns is this little guy. Is it a poppy?


I have simply GOT to plant this sedum. I can't stand the idea that it might not come back next year if it's in a pot.


Portulaca. Also going to make a reappearance next year.


So will the New Guinea impatiens.


CAAAT FIIIGHT!!


RAAAWR!


Once again, Dan finds a small place that Elphie will fit into.


He also gave her a treat. (It's empty -- she's just licking the leftovers.)


O hai!


Hey! Hey! Hey. Hey! Whatcha doin'?


Poor, long-suffering Ginger.


Snugglin' with Dad.

No comments: