Monday, July 7, 2008

July flowers?

June tornadoes bring July flowers?

My tigerlilies! (Their actual name is hemerocallis fulva, or common roadside lily. I just love them. I need more.)


An artistic shot.


These babies are still going crazy! I've decided I need more orientals in my garden, because they actually stay open and continue to bloom, while the daylilies (as their name suggests) are only open for a day each.


The third branch was going yesterday.


I can't remember if the back plant is my Little Italy or the dark red one, but it's sending up shoots, whatever it is!


This phlox is budding and just about ready to be purty!


Speaking of sending up shoots, my hostas are ready to roll!


The hibiscus is blooming again.


This Outback Paper Flower is just so unusual!


And my portulaca, trying desperately to overgrow its planter.


GOOD NEWS!!


While we were in Maine, I got a text message from Melissa, who found Pevensie outside of work with me. She adopted her!! So now my sweet little thing has a good home and I can hope to see her again!


Melissa said she's really not a cat person, but she couldn't resist this sweet little thing.


She really is just a doll.


And it nearly killed me to take her to the humane society. She was shaking and I was crying and it was really just a big disaster.


Also, our vacation was a blast. Maine is gorgeous.


We snuck around in the bushes by the ocean.


The Owl's Head Lighthouse says NO TRESPASSING!


This is the view from the restaurant we had lunch at one day. Delish.


Chuck spotted this boat, and I had to take a picture. ;)


LOBSTERS! They're nasty little creatures.


Dan made a friend.


...and so did I.


Look at that water!


The rocks at the Pemaquid Point lighthouse were sooo cool.


That's the Pemaquid Point light in the background.


The sound of the waves is so soothing.


This is the Breakwater, another lighthouse. The actual light isn't nearly as impressive as the huge granite stones you walk on to get there. It's like a mile out into the ocean.


This looks like a pirate ship! And the flowers in the foreground are pretty cool.


The "sunset" off of the World War I memorial tower on Mount Battie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your lilies look beautiful! Try planting the day lilies en masse. See if you like that. Everything looks wonderful. You're quite the little gardener!

SO HAPPY about Pevensie! She looks like such a sweet baby. Glad your friend decided to take her.

OK, VERY FUNNY about the boat. Leave it to Chuck to point that one out to everyone. That rat.

The photos of the trip are beautiful. Looks like you had great weather. Glad to see photos. So nice to see you sweet kids, if only online. Soon, tho!!

Great entry today. Thanks, love,

Mud