Friday, July 18, 2008

The twins!

Look at these two beauties! Dan was so confused when I came barreling into the house exclaiming, "The twins are blooming!" I'd never called them that until they bloomed at the same time.


This is Red Rum. (You must say it with a squeaky, creepy voice.) I found out that lilies at Home Depot were going for $6 or less, so I had to get it.


Four blooms on the hibiscus! So pretty.


I came home from the grocery store with this little keepsake azalea and Dan didn't even kill me! :)


I was sitting on the couch and Dan came out of the bathroom giggling. Obviously something was happening of which I would not approve. Except I surprised us both by thinking it was hysterical when I saw Elphie with a blob of shaving cream on her head.


It's so light, she didn't even realize it was there.


She just walked around, trying to pounce on Ginger while Ginger was arched up like a Halloween cat and her tail was as big around as a fox's. She was like, "What the hell is on your head???"


"What do you mean? There's nothing on my head."


Since we've had these windows open a little, the girls seem to have realized they're even there. They keep looking out. So cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you've got the green thumb, Little Bit! Those hibiscus leaves are SO green, and the flowers are beautiful. I'll send you a photo of my little yellow sherbet hibiscus by the front door. I took out lots of stuff there and put in the little hibiscus and some dusty miller and red salvias and society garlic. The other side has a hosta that's going to town and a lantana that's looking weird. It's sunny there...not sure why they're acting that way. Kinda backwards.

I LOVE those lilies! The [squeeky voice] red rum is beautiful. Everything is beautiful!

I've heard when coleus get flowers on top, they're going to seed and will get leggy. You might want to pinch off the flowers. If you want to. I think they're pretty, but you might not want to leave them on too long. I'm just sayin'.

Have a blast tomorrow. I'll be thinking about that crazy boy!

Muchas smooches!
Mom