Friday, May 8, 2009

Bleeding Heart, literally and figuratively

My little Elder Bleeding Heart is dropping hearts like crazy!


You can kind of see the new Bleeding Heart's little blossom at the bottom. It's not as dark as the older one.


Yay!


These last two are both from yesterday.


I liked my Twist and Twirl coleus so much last year that I got two this year. Plus, there was a similar one called Merlin's Magic, so I got two of those to complement.


Twist and Twirl bottom left, Merlin's Magic bottom right.


This is the Gallery Blue lupine that I bought. It looks sort of like a bluebonnet -- or close enough. Plus, lupines make me think of our trip to Nova Scotia when I was little. :)


And today it went in the ground.


Its leaves are so cool! It looks like a palm or something.


It's the return of the Sunsatia Mango nemesia! I got two of them, with another nemesia called Opal Innocence to go with them. (I think Opal Innocence is the name of our Lennox china!)


Opal Innocence.


Sunsatia Mango.


Here is the tricolor Exotic Geranium. Forget any flowers it might have -- I wanted it just for the foliage.


A purty purple Supertunia named Bordeaux.


Raspberry Blast Supertunia. :)


What can I say? I'm a sucker for petunias. This one is a Tidal Wave petunia in hot pink.


I'm pretty sure those are oriental lilies coming up next to my poor, mutilated Dirigible Plums marker. (Anna? Wisdom teeth are not required for ceramic painting...! Love you!)


This side of the porch bed is starting to fill up... I'm reluctant to put anything next to the bleeding hearts, because I really really want to either get a golden bleeding heart (with yellower foliage) or one with pure white flowers. I'm crazy about these doggone things.


This little guy is a perennial and is a primrose called Green Lace. Aren't the flowers wild??


My creeping phlox is starting to bloom! It's looking really good this year. I guess it got lots of good rest over the winter.


The hostas are unfurling and looking pretty.


My new tulips are open and happy!


I had to include this one, because you can see my Lucky Strikes. :)


Those four are going to take over the garden.


It's really blurry, but look how much bigger my peony is getting! And I'm pretty sure now that's what it is. Come on, Sarah Bernhardt!


Apparently the dining room is a bathhouse.


And lastly, my sweet girls snuggling with me! They laid on me on their own... no forcing was involved!


PS: Oh yeah, the title of the post. My best friend got dumped yesterday, and it's killing me to see her so sad. :(

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh, it's SO good to see my precious girl! Love the photo of you and the grandkitties. Thanks for including that one.

Your plants are so exotic! Wow! The geranium! And the nemesia! And the lupine! So cool! Oh my gosh, the coleus is beautiful, and the bleeding hearts, too. Man, you have some fabulous flowers, sug. Your tulips are coming back with a vengeance, and the phlox looks great, too. I can't wait to see photos of later in the summer when everythings big and fat and filling in your garden.

You know, I'm very happy that you like gardening as much as I do. I am also very proud of you for your green thumb. And thank Dan for the beautiful gardens he's made for my little girl. He's a dear boy.

Keep the photos coming! Love you tons.
Mud