Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sunny with a high of 75

That's actually a song by Relient K. I don't know what the forecast is for today. :)


Well, as promised, I got out into the garden today and planted all those goodies. I also picked up a few things at the nursery before work yesterday, so they were waiting too.


Firstly, I got another orchid! It was on clearance, and it's just so pretty!


Dahlia Pinnata (highlighter) and Tuberous Begonia. My first container plants of the season!


They look like little roses.


These are two little Shasta Daisies (Snow Lady) that followed me home from the nursery before work.


On the left is last year's Ginger Ale coralbells, and on the right is this year's Southern Comfort, fresh from the nursery. The leaves are really fuzzy.


Mmmm.


I got a second bleeding heart. If one is good, then two is better, right?


And my original one's buds are starting to look like hearts!


Last year's hibernating creeping phlox.


VIVA! Lemon Zest petunias. (That's the name... not a commentary.) I fell in love with these last year but didn't have room for them, so they were one of my first purchases this year.


Blurry, but look at the colors!


Seaside Daisy. So cute! It'll have little lavender daisies. (Obviously.)


Gaillardia:Arizona Sun. Otherwise known as Indian paintbrushes! Huzzah! (If only I had some bluebonnets to go next to it!)


Soooo pretty.


The two Liberated Easter Lilies, together at last. (And obviously some of our local pedestrians have no respect for people's sidewalks.)


This little guy is called Tiny Hope. It'll have dark red blooms.


I filled in some of the space between the Stellas... Home Depot had this cute little Stella-looking variation called Eenie Allegro. It'll have small blooms with yellow petals AND reddish petals!


And I got a great deal on some more tulips. I'm kind of tulip-crazy this year.


The white ones are called Inzell and the purple ones are called Negrita.


*sigh* What a beautiful birthday garden!


And now some shots to show how much fuller and happier my beds are.




1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow! Where do I begin?!

The gardens look so full and beautiful. I can see y'all have put in a lot of work.

Those lilies (pic after the Easter lilies)...so many buds! Are they considered Easter Lilies, too?

All your tulips are beautiful. They are really lovely in big bunches, aren't they. I guess everything is.

The photo of the red tulips against the grape hyacinths is beautiful. Your garden is going to be so colorful! Fabulous!

I also love the yellow petunias. And the new orchids are fabulous! I love pure white flowers. You've really got a good thing going there,girl. I hope when we go this summer or fall that you'll still have pretty things growing....I'm sure you will.

Love you! Keep up the good work!
Mud