Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lilies and irises and cats... oh my!

Say hello to Firebreather! Isn't he breathtaking? I was this close to renaming him Incorrigible Tease, and then yesterday morning when I left the house at six I saw he had opened. When I came home, there were two blooms!


Isn't it gorgeous?


And there are more buds! (He tried to lay down today, so I had to put a stick in the ground and use a hair clip to attach it, but he seems much better now.)


Look at all the buds on Trop Jaloux! And they're starting to look purple at the top, so it should be blooming in the next few days.


My first Las Vegas also opened today!


These are all the Las Vegas buds on the other side of the porch. Can you believe my camera focused correctly?


This picture is now the background on my computer. Isn't Bordeaux amazing? It was spilling over a few days ago, but it didn't have this many flowers.


My Ultra Rose petunias are adjusting happily to life in the porch box.


As are my Margarita Strawberry portulaca. I can't wait until they spread out and fill up the container!


The Wave Petunia is also flourishing.


Each of my Shasta Daisies has a flower now. :)


Yet more petunias... they made me so happy last year that I kind of went crazy this year. :)


Sarah is sending up another little shoot from the ground.


Everybody's blooming! There are even a few blossoms on the Seaside Daisy.


MY FIRST LILY OF THE SEASON!! Tiny Hope finally opened!


I really like the combination of the two nemesias.


The Raspberry Blast is also looking beautiful.


Dahlia, dahling!


I guess it just tired Ginger out too much to watch me out there in the garden. Poor thing.

1 comment:

Mud said...

Your lilies are gorgeous! I love the little red one.

You are so industrious, propping up the iris with a stick and a hairclip! hahahahaha. Too cute.

Everything looks beautiful, and yes, I think you wore ol' Ginger out with all that photo-snapping!

Love you, sweetie.
Mud