Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Iris Explosion

Shastas!


My rebel irises (the ones on the other side of the porch) have started opening! Like I told Mom on the phone a few days ago, I think I counted about 37 buds on this patch.


See?


My bleeding hearts are soo happy!


Last year's Ginger Ale coralbell is coming up with flowers!


Sweet little violas.


Look at all those Las Vegas!


Princesse Caroline, thinking really really hard about opening.


Trop Jaloux! (Pronounced Troe Jah-LOO, with the "j" sounding like Zsa Zsa Gabor.) Look at those five purty blooms!


They look like little dollops of vanilla icing or something.


So beautiful.


I just think it's so cute when they haven't uncurled yet.


Anna's favorite, Gaillardia.


And Seaside Daisies. Considering that when I bought both of the previous two plants they were completely without blooms, they're looking spectacular.


MY NEW HOSE CADDY!! Isn't Dan wonderful? I worked a double yesterday and he sent me a picture message on my phone of this, saying he was late to see me because "of your new present." So cute!


Anyone know what would cause our little peach tree's leaves to look like this? I told Dan he needs to pinch off a leaf and take it to a nursery and ask. I don't have any idea. :(


The Return of the Indestructible Wisteria!


And this is a little Portland Rose named Comte de Chambord. It's not really much to look at right now, but hopefully I'll have some pretty roses someday. :)


Dan made this woodshed-type thing in the corner of the yard for our firepit.


It IS lily of the valley!


I even got down there and smelled it. It's so precious!


So cute!


My Granny dianthus is blooming!


Tiny Hope is belying its name by having five flowers open at the same time.


My Stellas are thinking about opening. Can you see the buds?


Look at my sweet Ginger! (With Trop Jaloux in the background.)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Lily of the valley! Awesome! Happy May!

I think my favorite is your Princess Caroline Lily. She's really something. I think your idea of a dollop of ice cream on top is right on target. Love the beautiful blue.

Everything looks beautiful. I'm glad to see a few wider-range shots. It's nice to see the whole bed and see how everything blends and fills in.

You and Dan are really hard workers, and it shows. Beautiful gardens, sweetie. Keep up the good work!
Love,
Mud