Monday, May 11, 2009

A little spring cleaning

Meow!


You can see my newest crochet project next to Ginger. :)


My lemon zest petunia is doing very well!


A bluebonnet has GOT to be a variety of lupine, because look at the detail on this baby. (I was finally successful with a zoom shot!)


I really just can't believe its foliage.


It's a Las Vegas bud!


Can you see Elphaba in the window?


What an evil look! Her left eye is even squinty!


Mom, I know you love columbines, so this one's for you! It's called Spring Magic Rose and White.


And there she is, with a monster hand!


My Lysimachia Alexander has given birth to an albino variety. Isn't that weird?


And there's also a bud on Trop Jaloux! (I've decided that's the name of my purple-and-white iris. I got it from an Edith Piaf song. hehe)


Firebreather is going to go crazy!


I tried putting my Sarah Bernhardt peony against the Kerry sedum for better focus, or at least a better view than against brown soil. What say you?


Tidal Wave petunia is still looking good!


Both of my shastas are trying to open up.


Now get a load of this. Next to the grape hyacinth, it looks like a big daylily is coming up, plus the two orientals coming up by the garden marker. Woohoo! (That's a wilting hyacinth in the background that I bought wilting and planted for next season.)


No, my bleeding hearts are not actually multiplying. I added a white one there on the left, and it's HUGE.


I just love taking close-up pictures of them!


There's the white one!


Eee! My new pink one hasn't really bloomed all that much. Maybe it tired itself out at the nursery.


The hostas are starting to look like hostas.


The creeping phlox is opening up.


I was too late to get a picture of our cherry trees in their prime this year, but the sunlight in the blossoms is pretty.


That might be a good background for my computer. :)


I thought my plethora of tulips was starting to fade, but they're standing back up again.


Granny's dianthus is looking ready to go.


Tiny Hope isn't joking around. Look at all those buds!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Holy cow! You could start your own nursery! Everything looks so beautiful, Sweetie. It's an exciting thing every day to go out there and see what's blooming, isn't it?

I didn't know you had fabulous cherry trees in bloom! Why didn't I know that?! Just gorgeous. You're right, that would make a great screensaver/wallpaper.

Keep it up, girly. You're a natural!
Love you loads.
Mud