Thursday, May 15, 2008

A blustery day


Here's our little Ginger, soon to be a big sister to a little black kitten named Elphaba, overseeing her kitchen territory. She's such a goof.



I had to pinch off the existing blooms on my newest Gerbera daisy because of the weird brown spots, which you can see in previous pictures. But there are little new ones coming up, sans spots!



I'm just crazy about these dahlias! I especially love that the one is the exact color of a highlighter. haha



The indestructible thyme, with my "Keep Off the Dirigible Plums" garden stake. I love you, Xenophilius Lovegood! Even though you're a selfish coward.



My main Kerry sedum, so named for my mother-in-law, who gave it to me. It's in the main bed up across from the mailbox. And it's rounding out nicely!



Kind of blurry because it's so doggone overcast, but look at the little baby tulip! I'm so miffed that they're called Lucky Strikes now that Dan pointed out that was a cigarette brand. *pouting*



My Jim's moss rose is going crazy! I just can't get over how cool it is that Jim, my cousin in Wisconsin, harvested some seeds from the moss rose in his garden and gave them to me, and now they're in my garden! I just think that's the coolest thing. (The Dusty Miller is looking good too!)



My two other little Kerry sedum, surrounded by nameless weeds that I'm afraid to pull up because I planted so many seeds and don't know what they should look like when they're coming up. How pathetic. ;)

No comments: