Thursday, May 8, 2008

Project update

Well, firstly, my dear little bleeding heart finally made it into the ground today.

Isn't it gorgeous? I put it in a good spot, I think, for partial/full shade, right near where the hostas have been thriving since before we moved in, so it should do well there:


In other news, Dan took the framework off of the cement he poured yesterday, and it looks like the rain didn't do any harm.


And the garage door (thanks to Craigslist!) is going in!

The project is proceeding nicely even though Charlie and John haven't shown up yet.


And meanwhile, we're burning brush, since we have so darn much of it.


I got a nice little surprise when I saw that one of my "Lucky Strike" tulips is actually yellow!

I must say, I'm not the least bit disappointed. I got two beautiful pink and white ones, so this little unexpected yellow one is fine with me!


And one of my lilies (I think?) is budding! Isn't that what this is? (Sorry about the focus.)


Since the rain yesterday chased me back into the house before I could take pictures to show off my newly potted Gerbera daisy and dahlias, here they are today!



Our magnolia is leafing out nicely.


And I found this cute groundcover between our house and our neighbor's house. I'm not sure what it is, but it's cute!


I potted my geranium -- the container was given to me by my mother-in-law last year and I just haven't put anything in it until now. It's so pretty!


I bought a pretty purple lisianthus while I was at the grocery store.

No comments: