Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Preparing for hunting camp


The Yellow Rebel has finally peeked out of the leaves and opened up! But it seems not to be doing quite as well as the Lucky Strikes. Hopefully it perks up.



Also, our hedges have started blooming! They're really pretty, but it's kind of hard to appreciate them when they're absolutely FULL of maple seedlings. Stupid maple trees, reproducing everywhere!



Blurry, but you can see a little better detail.



The Dynamite Light Blues are doing nicely. Such a pretty color! (I've pretty much given up on the lamb's ear. I think it's supposed to be an annual, anyway.)



My Dynamite Oranges aren't doing quite as well, but this one is pretty.



The dark purples and the violas are positively flourishing!



So are the Red Vista salvia. :)



Preview of Coming Attractions: So many tall stalks with buds on this patch of irises!



My little dahlias are coming up from the tubers I planted! They're technically dahlias, but they resemble daisies more than the traditional dahlia. I can't remember what they're called.



This little lisianthus is really very pretty. I'm glad it's doing so well, considering I bought it at the grocery store. ;)



A little blurry (the zoom is great on my camera, but my hands are a little unsteady), but these little Gerbera daisies don't seem to be getting the weird brown spots on the petals like their late brothers did. Knock on wood.



I really can't get enough of these dahlias! They're just so fabulous!



And here she is, the guest of honor: My purty iris!

No comments: