Thursday, May 22, 2008

Las Vegas!


At the nursery today I saw an iris that looked just like mine, and it was called Las Vegas! So now I have a name for it. And I think it's appropriate, since it's brown, but colorful underneath. ;)



I also made some purchases. And I think my garden now looks AMAZING! I got some pink snaps, which I've wanted for a long time, and I think they look great in the sedum garden. I also got that daylily in the "corner" -- it's called Happy Returns, so the little kid inside me who remembers watching Return to Pooh Corner just had to get it! It's going to be yellow, and it should bloom later in the summer.



Close-up on the snapdragon.



I got a flat of verbena for pretty cheap, and it's positively everywhere -- any spot that was even slightly empty got some verbena, including the mailbox.



Here's some with a flower, near Jim's moss rose. The tag said it's a consistent bloomer from spring to frost, so that's exciting!



The pansies were still half off (!!!), so I got a flat of Dynamite Whites and stuck them in with all the other three colors. I also got a gorgeous columbine.



I just love them!



I like the orange and white together.



It's a really striking difference with the purples.



Las Vegas also, er, got a friend. Her name is Princesse Caroline de Monaco. When I saw the name I couldn't say no. And look at her! She's regal!



That's a very full patch.



A coral bells also followed me home... can I keep it? Well, apparently I'm going to, because I even dragged out the big shovel and used it myself, in my Crocs, to plant some of the bigger flowers.



Some Pink Wave petunias brighten up this side bed. It was pretty much empty except for the bleeding heart and the creeping phlox before.



They're so happy! And I was surprised to be just crazy about the foliage, too.



There are some little patches of verbena in front of the coral bells, too.



In related news, Ginger stole her sister's new mouse toy and hasn't stopped playing with it yet.



I hope she can share, because I don't think she's giving it back.



Grrr!



I got this kitty gym half off today at Petco! I can't wait to pose Ginge and Elphie on it together.



I keep walking in and finding Ginger sitting on it, so I guess it's a success. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, where do I start? The Princess Caroline iris is fabulous! Beautiful blue. That's the one I'd want if I were buying irisis. And I love all the white pansies...they really set off the other colors they're with, don't they? Go look at them in the evenings. White flowers almost glow in the dark.

I really love the way you filled up the beds with verbenas and snaps. Very nice. I really like a full bed instead of a stingy one. hehe.

I'm so glad you have this blog set up, Sweetie. You're doing a beautiful job with a fun hobby. Glad you've gotten the bug!!!

Keep the photos coming. Oh, and I want to pat you on the back for coming home with a trunk-load of plants and actually GETTING THEM PLANTED the same day! That doesn't always happen around here, I'll tell you that. You're putting me to shame, girl!

Smooches! "Hey Son!" to Dan!

Anonymous said...

Oh! And I like the kitty gym...Looks like Ginger does, too. Guess you need to buy another furry mouse. hehehehe.