Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring!

Well, here's my blog dedicated to my little garden. It's only my second year gardening, and last year was really just a trial run since I wasn't that into it yet and I really didn't know what I was doing. This year I'm so into it that my husband is ready to kill me. ;)




This is my little bed at the mailbox. Some tall orange lilies poked their heads up last year and were put in by the previous owners of the house. I put in the beautiful pale pink daylily, as well as the pink dianthus (pinks), last year. This year I planted the six tulips -- three purple (Purple Flag) and three pink and red (Lucky Strike).



This bed is across from the mailbox bed. It really just has a sedum that my mother-in-law gave me last year, transplanted from her garden. I've sown some blue lupine seeds. Hopefully they'll come up. :) Also there's that unfortunate-looking pink hyacinth, which I found hiding behind some hedges in another bed. Sneaky thing. Its blooming season is over, though, so hopefully that's the only reason that it looks so terrible.



This little bed is to the left of the steps up to the porch. My cousin gave me seeds from his moss rose in his front yard last summer and I sowed them immediately, but they didn't come up until this year! I can't wait until they bloom. Also, I added some Dusty Miller this year. There are three on the other side, too.



My little hook that was the first and only official purchase from my income tax refund check. The birdhouse came from Meijer in the winter and has been attracting quite the aviary attention. The goldfinch sock (center) was debunked by the pretty butterfly windchime that some of my coworkers gave me for my birthday. :)



Pansies! From front to back, they are Dynamite Light Blue, Dynamite Orange, and that really dark purple. (Those didn't have a tag! Dang it.) Also there are some lilies that were there when we moved in (yay!), some other daylilies I planted last year, some lamb's ear, and a little phlox that will hopefully bloom again. This year I also added two little clumps of Red Vista salvia.



All my purty potted plants! Three Gerbera daisies, one geranium, and two knockout dahlias! I should also be having some really pretty basil that looks like a shrub coming up in the left empty-looking pot and some daisy-looking dahlias in the right.



The right side of the steps to the porch. Dusty Miller, Jim's moss rose, three red tulips from this year, a grape hyacinth from this year, last year's thyme (hardiest and best-smelling stuff EVAR!), as well as what I believe are hyacinths but I think the bulbs are too close to the surface for them to bloom. They were there when we moved in.

No comments: